Monday, May 9, 2011

Mounting my waterproof camera on my kayak (1)

Part (1)

I was looking at ways to mount my new camera and this is one idea I
came up with.


1) I cut a notch into the hollow front seat at the top to accomodate
the plastic angle bracket I found. The bracket fits perfectly into the
notch in the seat.


2) With the camera mounted via a bolt on the bracket the bracket
slides fermly into the slot.


3) Position facing the front of the kayak.


4) Front view.

With the camera located here I can easily slide the camera mount right
out of the seat and snap some photos then quickly slide it back in
after. I can also swing the camera so it faces the side of the kayak
for some side shots.


(Photos to follow)


Posted via email from GuyThaLizard's LIVE blog (Posterous)

No comments: