Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One of my favorite shots Jun2009! - Cave Shot on Okanagan Lk

Okanagan Lake Cave S/E shore.

While kayaking to Rattlesnake Island I came across this spot and had to snap this shot.

Funny thing I tried to find this spot the last 4 trips to the Island and haven't found it again as of yet it is one of those "Blink and miss it" spots. The South East side of Okanagan Lake is vary secluded and has many spots similar to what you see in this photo where you can slip your kayak in and become almost invisible to the boaters passing by. One day I will find it again and Geotag it for my blog.

I was thinking my Blackberry should have tagged it with GPS coordinates but I didn't realize it at the time that I was inside a little cave when I snapped the pic with no GPS lock on the satellites. LOL

In the Spring/Summer the East side of Okanagan Lake, on a clear day, gets direct sunshine from about 10am till dusk. Spots like this are great to land your boat and go for a dip to cool off from the normally scorching heat of July! Summer heat is normal to be around 35-40 degrees Celsius some days it can reach 45 degrees.

Hope you like the shot and if you are paddling on Okanagan and come across this spot have a great time exploring!

~Guy

Posted via email from GuyThaLizard's LIVE blog (Posterous)

Post a Comment