Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kayaker injured in collision

NEWS: A West Kelowna man suffered serious injuries following a second incident involving a motorboat and kayak in as many weeks on Okanagan Lake.

(Penticton Western News)

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/pentictonwesternnews/news/101...


MY THOUGHTS:

This is getting ridiculous, I wish power boat operators would be more careful.

The other day when I was paddling into the Penticton Marina on Okanagan Lake, fighting the waves. I saw a power boat stopped and anchored a little way away from the marina entrance, and I heard him yell at another power boat, who was exiting the marina and heading in my direction "Yield to the smaller boat, idiot" which the operator did yield in time to see me and turned his boat. I didn't realise what had happened until I got closer. The RCMP really need to get on top of this or more small boat operators will be hit or killed. Maybe they need a graduated licencing program for power-boats like those for motor vehicle operators.

Guy
My Live Blog: http://guythalizard.posterous.com Sent from my BlackBerry device

Posted via email from guythalizard's posterous "my LIVE blog"

No comments: