Monday, February 7, 2011

Kayak: Exploring Okanagan Lake GPS Points-Of-Interest

Kayak:  Exploring Okanagan Lake S/E edge - GPS Points-Of-Interest This is for those Okanagan Valley GPS map freaks like me. Some of my favourite points-of-interest (GPS waypoints) on Okanagan Lake. Between Penticton and Kelowna on the East side of the lake.
  • Penticton at "MARINA WAY PUT-IN" N49 30.292 W119 35.255
This is a great little cave on the edge of Okanagan Lake if you blink you will miss it. It is quite hidden. Only accessible via water. Not occupied by animal life as far as I have ever noticed. Over the winter the pea-gravel floor cave collects drift-wood and is quite dry by summer for a fire. This cave is about the size of a 4 person dome tent. I am able to pull my 14' kayak right in the cave, have a campfire on the other side  and still have room for my camp-cot. I call it ShelterCave.
  • "ShelterCave" N49 40.358 W119 39.890
My favourite place to paddle to from Penticton or Indian Rock every year. 7hr paddle from Penticton each way and about 4hrs from Indian Rock each way.
  • "Rattlesnake Island" N49 44.882 W119 43.030
Large provincial park camp-ground on Okanagan Lk East side is Van Hyce Beach but close to it is the cool bay (Commando Bay) with these great rock formations in front of the bay you can explore.
  • "COMMANDO BAY" N49 42.199 W119 41.783
 A little South of Commando Bay is a quiet little cove called Gerrys. This is a great spot if Commando Bay is full.
  • "Gerrys Cove" N49 42.150 W119 41.583
This is only a part list I hope someone can make use of it. "If you are curious about any of these or have any questions please feel free to contact me on my Live Blog.  My contact info is in the top menu." ~Guy

Posted via email from GuyThaLizard's LIVE blog (Posterous)

No comments: